Organic raw barnyard millet is an excellent product from Uyir Organic Farmers Market. It is a type of seed that grows naturally in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is small and white in colour. It contains more nutrients than other cereal grains and is an excellent source of carbohydrates, protein, and fibre.
Organic raw barnyard millet can be given to infants aged 6 to 8 months as gruel or Kheer and to children over the age of one year as dosa and idlis. It's called "Sanwa Rice," but when boiled, it takes on a flavour that's very similar to rice. Organic raw barnyard millet, in fact, is a genuine natural blessing to the daily meal and the lack of physical activity that can lead to a variety of health issues.
Benefits of Organic Raw Barnyard Millet
The benefits of organic raw barnyard millet are provided as follows:
• Organic raw barnyard millet has the lowest calorie density of any cereal and is high in highly digestible protein.
• It is a good source of dietary fibre because it contains a good balance of soluble and insoluble fibre.
• Organic raw barnyard millet has a low glycemic index due to its low carbohydrate content and slow digestion.
• The Organic raw barnyard millet, like all millets, is gluten-free. It is a suitable meal for people with celiac disease who are gluten intolerant.
• According to a study on the nutritional content of millets, some types of Organic raw barnyard millet contain high levels of iron (18.6 mg per 100g of raw millet), making it the richest of all millets and cereal grains.
How to use Organic Raw Barnyard Millet?
• Organic raw barnyard millet can be served as porridge or Kheer to infants aged 6 to 8 months and as dosa or idlis to kids aged 1 year and older.
• Organic raw barnyard millet millets are frequently used to make upma, khichdi, and pulav, especially on fast days.
We, a group of farmers from Erode, took the initiative to change society by producing and supplying natural food products to the populace to lower the risk of developing diseases from intaking the pesticides and chemicals used in agricultural farms.