Organic Little millet is a good product from Uyir Organic Farmers Market. Saamai, an organic variety of little millet, is an excellent natural source of both protein and iron. Because it is so easy to digest, it is an ideal food for improving the health of the nervous system. It also has a high concentration of lecithin. It is gluten-free and can be used in place of rice in some recipes.
Benefits of Organic Little Millet
The benefits of organic Little millet are provided as follows:
• Organic Little millet is well known for having a low glycemic index and being a good source of nutritional fibre. As a result, people with diabetes may benefit from it.
• Magnesium is good for your heart, and organic Little millet is an excellent source of it. It also contains a lot of niacin, which is known to help lower cholesterol levels.
• Phosphorus, found in organic Little millet, is beneficial for weight loss, tissue healing, and energy production after strenuous activity.
• Organic Little millet is well known for its ability to treat respiratory conditions such as asthma.
• Gluten is not present in Saamai. Those with celiac disease or gluten-sensitive enteropathy, as well as those who prefer a gluten-free diet, will benefit from consuming organic Little millet.
• Tannins and flavonoids, both abundant in organic Little millet, help protect against diseases like cataracts, cardiovascular disease, inflammation, cancer, and gastrointestinal disorders. Flavonoids can also help to slow down the ageing process.
How to use Organic Little Millet?
• Organic Little millet or Saamai can be used to make idli, Pongal, dosa, and even khichdi. Organic Little millet or Saamai rice is an effective treatment for gastrointestinal issues.
We, a group of farmers from Erode, took the initiative to change society by producing and supplying natural food products to the populace to lower the risk of developing diseases from intaking the pesticides and chemicals used in agricultural farms.