Organic Proso Millet is a special product from Uyir Organic Farmers Market. Proso millet, also known as white millet, hog millet, or Kashif millet, is widely cultivated and consumed in India. It is marketed as a food supplement to consumers. Its fertile floret resembles an egg, and its shell is tough and lustrous, allowing it to securely cover the seeds when shed.
Depending on the shade, it could be a dark brownish black colour, an olive-brown colour, a light cream colour, an orange-red colour, or even a golden colour.
Benefits of Organic Proso Millet
The benefits of organic Proso Millet are provided as follows:
• Organic Proso Millet contains a lot of lecithin, which indirectly stimulates the nervous system and keeps it operating normally.
• Magnesium, which is abundant in Organic Proso Millet, is beneficial to heart health.
• Organic Proso Millet contains Phytic acid, which raises good cholesterol (HDL) and lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) (LDL).
• It is high in Niacin, which aids in preventing Pellagra.
• Gluten-free Organic Proso Millet is a great option for people with gluten-sensitive enteropathy or Celiac disease.
• Organic Proso Millet, which is high in antioxidants, aids in the elimination of free radicals from the body.
• Consuming a sufficient amount of Organic Proso Millet daily can aid in the prevention of ageing.
• Consuming Organic Proso Millet daily can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to use Organic Proso Millet?
• Rinse the organic Proso millet to remove any loose starch or impurities before cooking. This procedure also aids in the prevention of sticking while cooking.
• Soak the millet in three to four times its volume of water overnight, or for at least six hours. This procedure makes the grain more digestible, allowing the nutrients contained within to be extracted.
• After boiling a saucepan of water, add millet and salt and allow it to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, covered.
We, a group of farmers from Erode, took the initiative to change society by producing and supplying natural food products to the populace to lower the risk of developing diseases from intaking the pesticides and chemicals used in agricultural farms.