Organic Red Sorghum
Organic Red Sorghum is a unique product from Uyir Organic Farmers Market. Red sorghum is a grain that has a similar consistency to rice but contains far more nutrients. Organic Red Sorghum is high in protein, iron, calcium, fat, and fibre, which are all essential nutrients for the body. These smaller grains have the potential to protect a person from developing diabetes due to their lower glucose content.
Benefits of Organic Red Sorghum
The benefits of organic Red Sorghum are provided as follows:
• Organic red sorghum also contains a plethora of beneficial phytochemicals like phytosterols, anthocyanins, phenolic acids, tannins, and policosanols. These serve as antioxidants. Antioxidants slow the ageing process, and eating antioxidant-rich foods has also been linked to a reduced threat of heart disease and various neurological disorders.
• Organic red sorghum is beneficial to digestive health because it is one of the best sources of dietary fibre available today.
• Specific phytochemicals found in organic red sorghum have been shown to inhibit the growth of cancer cells, particularly those that cause gastrointestinal and skin cancers.
• Organic red sorghum is an excellent food choice for people with celiac disease because it does not contain gluten.
How to use Organic Red Sorghum?
• Organic red sorghum is a versatile crop. It is best consumed as whole grain to get the most nutrition. It can be cooked in the same way that rice is.
• Soak organic red sorghum for 8 hours or overnight to break down the enzymes and improve digestion. Then, in three times as much water, boil it for about an hour, or until tender. It can also be cooked in a rice steamer or slow cooker.
We, a group of farmers from Erode, took the initiative to change society by producing and supplying natural food products to the populace to lower the risk of developing diseases from intaking the pesticides and chemicals used in agricultural farms.